Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Plate is Full!

Trip to Visalia went well. Spent the whole time working on costuming and hitting Joann's for some materials needed for the robes we will be wearing. I found some fabric for my Earth Intruders costume along with ribbon to be used on a panel skirt. So things are progressing well. Jen is heading on up to Oregon with her husband as an anniversary/vacation gift to themselves. This means that T.C. and I will meet up on Tuesday to continue working on learning the choreography as well as the techniques that I sorely need help with since I have progress so much in such a short period of time.

I have also been in contact with two friends and found them wanting to get involved in some form with either Ananka Dance Co. or JenCee. One will be learning to dance, another learning drums. My friend who will be learning drums will be coming on a little later though when JenCee gets settled with our new found direction. So my other friend who will be learning to belly dance may be joining as early as August when the new classes start up! I'm excited! I got some good friends joining the fun and I know they will enjoy it as much as I have =D

In other news, I have been encouraged to do two solo pieces for the Student Party if I can manage it. I heard a second piece of music that got me really wanting to move and now my goal is to finish the first solo so I may work on the second that works well with the theme of our student party. Not sure if I can pull it off, but I am sure going to try! I also need to start thinking about costuming. I have a Halloween costume I found that I may end up altering in some fashion to be used, but I could go with something else. I haven't quite decided just yet.

Now my assignments to achieve before Friday next week.....sew, build jug for the Tunisian dance, work on choreography, finish my staff, and work on techniques. That is a lot of work ahead of me when I need to try to get all this done between school and work. So I am starting to feel the time crunch, but it will be worth it. I'm being motivated to get things done and that is what I need right now to be better every week.

Off to rest a little and start making plans for this weekend's projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment